Takoma Park Silver Spring Co-op promotes healthful living by offering wholesome foods, high quality produce and community resources in a clean, friendly and cooperative grocery store…that you can own!
- Climate Action Coffee Series: Building Equity and Promoting Drawdown in our Regional Food System
- Staff Profile: Jane
- Remarks from Our Community Engagement Manager at the Member-Owner Meeting
- Remarks from Our GM at the Member-Owner Meeting
- Save the Date: Community Celebration & Fall Member-Owner Meeting
- Staff Profile: Assane
You can own this place too.
Ownership benefits include:
- A vote and voice in Co-op governance
- Financial beneifits, including:
- 10% off one purchase of your choosing each month
- Owner-only discounts on select items around the store
- 10% off full case special orders
- Other perks
- A free co-op bag
- Eligibility to join the Interior Federal Credit Union
What Does A Co-op Do?
BOOSTS LOCAL ECONOMY
TPSS Co-op is committed to selling the products of local growers and producers as much as possible. The Co-op now buys from over 200 local businesses. In 2018, we expanded our access to dozens more regional products by entering into a relationship with Common Market, a regional food hub that aggregates and distributes products from local growers and producers in the mid-Atlantic region.
INCREASES ACCESS TO HEALTH FOODS
The TPSS Co-op promotes healthful living by offering wholesome foods and high-quality wellness products. Our staff is knowledgeable and friendly, offering useful information about our products. We offer monthly discounts and senior discounts, as well as payment of our $100 lifetime membership fee on installment.
FOSTERS ACTIVE COMMUNITIES
As a member-owned business, TPSS Co-op fosters active community by democratically electing member-owners to the board of representatives; inviting comments at board meetings, twice-yearly member meetings, and special events; and keeping our membership informed through our website, social media, and e-mails. We also support the greater community of Takoma Park/Silver Spring through outreach programs, community events, and charitable donations.