The members of the Co-op's leadership team are in charge of the store's day-to-day operations. You can contact them directly by e-mail at the links below.
General Manager – Mike Houston
Store Manager – Hussein Choteka
Community Engagement Manager - Leandra Nichola
Finance Manager - Yodit Gebremeskel
Human Resources Manager - Irene Cox
IT Manager - Eddie Brosnan
Beer & Wine Manager - Philippe Varlet
Front End Manager - Mherete Belhu
Grocery Manager - Joao Carlos Vieira
Produce Manager - Mauricio Pineda
Refrigerated Manager - Ron Walker
Wellness Manager - Jane Batt
Our Workplace Culture
Our Co-op staff of approximately 50 people is dedicated to serving our customers and the community. TPSS Co-op strives to provide a workplace environment where staff members feel appreciated, their voices are heard, and their welfare is a management priority.
Managers meet regularly with their teams, collaborating and taking recommendations on store policies. As needed, managers and staff members get skills training in subjects like supervision and buying.
Benefits for TPSS Employees:
- Wages start at $15.30 per hour after completing probationary period successfully. Starting wages are 9% higher than Montgomery County minimum wage. Hourly positions range from $15.30-$18.36.
- Opportunities for advancement
- 15% discount on almost all purchases.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death insurance (if you work 30+ hrs/wk)
- Health Reimbursement Account of $4,000 or $2,000 to cover medical related expenses.
- Generous paid time off: Between 22 and 32 days of paid time off per year based on years of service
TPSS Co-op is an equal opportunity employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Read CDS Consulting Co-op's article on diversity at TPSS Co-op.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.