TPSS Co-op is committed to being inclusive and accessible to the whole community. The Co-op strives to build strong linkages through its outreach programs with surrounding communities and nearby farmers and businesses.
Highlights of recent outreach events are:
- National Night Out – An event to promote police-community partnerships and camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer and more caring places to live.
- Monster Bash – The annual seasonal event that starts in our parking lot with over a hundred attendees in costumes. We provide free face painting.
- Shepherd’s Table Fall Event – We were sponsors by providing food and were a member of their planning committee.
- Alternative Gift Fair – A Takoma Park holiday tradition where gifts are purchased to pay forward for those in need. We donated a basket of local vendor items and another one with fair trade products from Haiti Projects.
- Earth Day Festival – This gathering is in our parking lot with various participants joining us to promote a sustainable environment for Takoma Park and the world.
Members and other shoppers were able to contribute to the wellbeing of others through participating in the following programs:
- The Round-Up program where we raised funds for hurricane relief for Texas ($4,139) and Puerto Rico ($960), and for feeding those in daily need through Spring Spring’s Shepherd’s Table ($261). The Texas Round-Up was the first one and TPSS contributed $2,000 out of the $4,139.
- Box Tops-Goodness Gives Back
- Pay it Forward
- Poker Chips
- Crossroads Farmers Market Re-Useable Bag Drive
- Future Organic Farmers Fund
Update Your Membership Information
Stay in the loop! Update your address and contact information when they change using this form.