Open Positions at the Co-op
Careers at the Co-op
WHAT IS THE TPSS CO-OP?
Takoma Park Silver Spring Co-op is a natural foods cooperative business owned by our friends and neighbors. Our goal is to ensure that our customers have access to goods produced in socially and environmentally responsible ways, with an emphasis on local and organic foods, at reasonable prices and in a welcoming community marketplace setting.
Each staff member is asked to help create an environment which:
- Encourages respect, honesty and trusts amongst all co-workers;
- Offers the highest degree of service to each customer;
- Provides an ethical and positive place to work and to shop; and
- Serves the community as an educational resource on ethical, sustainability, and food related issues.
Click here to read CDS Consulting Co-op's article on diversity at TPSS Co-op!
BENEFITS FOR TPSS CO-OP EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
- Wages start at $14.80 per hour, $15.30 per hour after completing probationary period successfully.
- 15% discount on almost all purchases.
- Health, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death insurance (if you work 30+ hrs/wk)
- Health Reimbursement Account of $4,000 or $2,000 to cover medical related expenses.
- Generous paid time off
TPSS Co-op is an equal opportunity employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply, click 'View Details' under desired position above. Or, click here to apply directly on our hiring site.